I felt my first earthquake on Saturday. The first one I felt was at 2 am. I was watching TV and working on Derek's Christmas stocking when I felt the floor shaking underneath me. It was a weird sensation, but I just brushed it off. Well, come to find out that there was an earthquake in the Oklahoma City area and I felt it in Wichita. Then, around 11pm there was another one and it was a lot stronger. It shook the bed and the dresser mirror. It was a scary feeling and I can't imagine what bigger earthquakes feel like. That was the highlight of my weekend mainly because I was tired, sore, and had horrible heartburn....good times.
Today, I had to go see my doctor because I was worried about some swelling and high blood pressure. She checked me out and everything is looking good. I just need to take it easy and lower my sodium intake. So, good news there. I also made a batch of labor cookies. Women in the pregnancy forums were talking about them and so I decided to make them for fun. It's basically a really spicy gingersnap cookie. They are really good, but REALLY spicy. I doubt they will induce labor, but they sure are good to eat. I'm going to save the recipe and alter it for after the pregnancy so they won't be as spicy.
I'm still just playing the waiting game and trying to find the motivation to work on my music history paper (joy). It's getting really hard to stay motivated for school, but I know I can do it. I have to keep telling myself that the more I get done before the baby the less I have to do once he gets here. Plus, it will keep my mind off of wanting to go into labor.
That's it for now. Hopefully, my next post will be Quinton's birth story. :)
I am writing my thesis right now and honestly EVERY little thing COUNTS! Same for your paper. I am excited about your baby story hehehe! I find it very cute. I do not have one yet but just got married though!
ReplyDeleteThe day I get pregnant I will definitely remember your blog!
Greetings,
Celeste.